Digital Content Manager
The Digital Content Manager is responsible for managing and producing content to be published on GPTMC’s primary websites, visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com. The Digital Content Manager is charged with creating and maintaining compelling, web-specific content in order to grow the website’s reach, influence and effectiveness. He or she is responsible for working with the Web team and the website editors to help implement coordinated web content plans acrossvisitphilly.com and uwishunu.com, while helping maintain the websites content to be current, relevant and highly useful to our readers/visitors. This position reports to the Vice President of Internet Strategy & Development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Digital Content Production & Management
- Produce and publish content and content updates for visitphilly.com supporting a variety of small to large-scale web projects.
- Create/update a variety of types of written copy destined for visitphilly.com anduwishunu.com, e.g. a restaurant page, a hotel page, an itinerary, a neighborhood guide, a blog post, a facebook post, a tweet, etc.
- Effectively create a range of lengths of written copy, e.g. a 500-word blog post; a 150-word attraction description; an eight-word headline; a 140-character tweet, etc.
- Manage a content schedule for sections of isitphilly.com like Philadelphia Neighborhoods that includes content additions as well as content updates.
- Import content additions into the visitphilly.com Content Management System when supplied from an external source.
- Optimize pages on visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com to drive qualified traffic to our partner websites.
- Work with the Visitphilly.com Web Editor to update major seasonal sections of visitphilly.comand the events therein like Summer, Fall, Holidays, etc.
- Work with the Visitphilly.com Web Editor to manage and address visitphilly.com content priorities, both new additions and existing content updates.
- Work with the Web Team and website editors to seamlessly integrate and coordinate content plans for the two websites, visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com.
- Convert press materials (both in-house and stakeholder-generated) into consumer-oriented online copy for GPTMC’s web properties.
- Research and fact check content details as necessary.
- Produce — via editing and content creation — strong, engaging and concise web copy.
- Create content for visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com that effectively marries affecting visuals with strong copy.
- Social Media Content: work with GPTMC’s Web and Social Media teams to implement social media tactics that further GPTMC’s social media goals; produce content for GPTMC Social Media channels when needed.
- Social Media Tech & Integration: support the Web Teams efforts to integrate social media sharing tools into visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com. Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, etc.
- Participate in website development projects from start to finish. Test new developments, UIs and applications for the website across platforms and browsers.
- Ability to manage multi-task work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Collaborative worker; able to work across all GPTMC departments with staff at all levels.
Proficiencies in the following applications desired: a Web Content Management System (e.g. WordPress, Expression Engine, etc.), basic HTML, Google Docs, Basecamp, Facebook, Twitter, Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics, Instagram, Microsoft Office, Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari.
- BA or BS required
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Interested applicants should email their resume, cover letter, and relevant writing samples email@example.com.