Are you a Marketing Professional? Uhuru Furniture is looking for a Marketing Coordinator. You will be required to develop and execute short and long term marketing strategies, plan and programs to yield high quality furniture donations goals set by APEDF and market the store to the Oakland/Bay Area community to ensure growth of the organization’s fundraising capacity.
Under the supervision of the Uhuru Furniture Store Manager, plans, directs and coordinates the marketing for donations and shoppers and builds and maintains the organization’s supporter base in the community by performing the duties personally or through a marketing team.
(Essential functions, as defined, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.)
Develops and executes short and long term marketing strategies, plans and programs to yield high quality furniture donations goals set by APEDF and market the store to the Oakland/Bay Area community to ensure growth of the organization’s fundraising capacity.
Develops marketing materials that promote UFC in the context of the APEDF mission and national and local programs.
Builds and develops relationships with potentially supportive businesses, estate liquidators, sectors and community members to ensure ongoing donation referrals, develop regular donors and bring in high quality, large quantity and inventory donations.
Incorporates base strategy and seasonal campaigns established by APEDF into the marketing plans and builds on relationships with existing supporters.
Designs, develops and promotes volunteer opportunities for the marketing work. Coordinates volunteer sign-ups, follow up, development, training and acknowledgement.
Develops and carries out a supporter and donor appreciation program and initiates our supporter participation program. Coordinates phone calls to thank people for their support and to encourage their active participation in promoting Uhuru Furniture among their contacts, set up speaking opportunities at their church, community group etc.. Speaks to groups about APEDF and Uhuru Furniture.
Coordinates various administration tasks including data entry and record keeping; oversees copywriting, design, layout and production of promotional materials.; expands and maintains supporter database and email list.
Supervises other employees and volunteers in the marketing team and analyze the results from their work, Coordinate staffing for marketing projects and Marketing events.
Prepares marketing activity reports; analyzes incoming donations in order to inform committee of strengths and weaknesses in the marketing work; reports to the steering committee bi-weekly.
Knowledge, Skills and other Characteristics:
- Agreement with the mission statement and policies of APEDF
- Must be organized, punctual, reliable and honest
- Knowledge of telephone operations and call handling procedures
- Knowledge of the principles and concepts of customer service
- Knowledge of Uhuru Movement programs and institutions. Passionate about social justice and economic development for the African community.
- Skill in developing a positive attitude for visitors to APEDF institutions
- Skill in oral communication and effective interpersonal relationships in one-on-one and group situations
- Skill in negotiating and administering contracts.
- Skill in written communications for technical purposes.
- Skill in use of computer and software programs including but not limited to Word, Excel. Graphics programs a plus. HTML skills or Dreamweaver skills (or aptitude and willingness to learn)
- Have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Have cell phone for communication as needed
- Social media skills; and willingness to learn new skills
- Able to work independently
- Skill in keeping good record of work accomplished
Physical Requirements: Requires physical activity, walking and ability to go up and down stairs. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs if necessary.
Qualifications: High School diploma plus two years of marketing and or promotions experience. Must have the ability to interact with people in person, on the phone and over computer. Possess writing skills and be able to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Abode Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Photo Shop is helpful.
Commensurate with experience
Send resumes to APEDF at email@example.com. All applicants will be required to complete an APEDF employment application upon receipt of resume. The application is available here in pdf format.
You can apply in person at:
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles
1220 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107